|Volcano – Vape Vitals|
|Manufacturer||Storz & Bickel|
|Replacement Parts||See Them All|
|MSRP w/ Valve System||$479.00-$599.00|
Representing German engineering at its finest, the Volcano Vaporizer from Storz & Bickel has been a staple of the vaporizer industry since 2000. Known as one of the top products in vaporization, the Volcano Vaporizer features superb build quality, exceptional vapor production, and easy-to-use, forced air operation.
See User Guide below for full usage information.
Using Your Volcano
As you use your Volcano, the orange light might flicker intermittently as the thermostatically controlled heater occasionally kicks on to keep the Volcano at the temperature you set.
A: The most important aspect is, whichever Volcano you decide on, there is no difference in the overall effect. The precision and quality with which you are familiar from our Volcano Classic is stepped up a notch in the Volcano Digit.
We have a full specification breakdown on the Classic or Digit tab on the left, but here is a quick rundown:
Both Volcano types come with a shapely, brushed metal cone. Care was taken to use flavorless materials that are food safe. Both the high-performance heat exchanger and the strong air pump can withstand the toughest stresses and strains. An independent temperature fuse, air filter and silencer are naturally included in our Volcano, as is a specially designed aluminum heat exchanger, which brings the air both cleanly and reliably to the desired temperature.
The Volcano Digit’s advantages lie in its large digital LED displays, which immediately and precisely informs the user of the operating status. The Volcano Digit has a better user interface and its electronic control system works even more precisely than the bi-metallic regulator on the Volcano Classic.
- Vaporization temperature adjustable between 104° and 446°F (40° and 230°C)
- Temperature accuracy ±2,7°F (±1,5°C)
- Three year warranty
- Precise electronic control
- Extra large, digital LED display with
set and actual temperature
- Display changeover between °Celsius and °Fahrenheit
- Automatic switch off
The Volcano Classic impresses by its robust, purely electromechanical design.
- Vaporization temperature adjustable between 266° and 446°F (130° and 230°C)
- Temperature accuracy ±9°F (±5°C )
- Three year warranty
- Tens of thousands sold
- Robust, completely electromechanical design
The Digit also offers a larger temperature range of 104 – 446°F (40 – 230°C) degrees compared to the Classic’s range of 226 – 446°F (130 – 230°C) degrees.
Both models produce the same level of heat, but the Digit model offers a higher degree of accuracy than the manual dial.
When you first turn on the forced air, it will take a short period for the chamber and blends to heat up. Many users put their heating chamber on the Volcano without the balloon attached, turn on the fan, and when vapors are first visible, they put the balloon on.
You could also time how long it takes for vapors to appear; for example lets say it takes 10 seconds on average. Next time you can apply the balloon to the heating chamber after 8 seconds, and don’t miss a single droplet!
As a general safety rule, do not leave the Volcano unattended while powered on.
Easy vs Solid Valve Systems
We recommend Volcano Replacement Balloons.
Cleaning & Maintenance
Always make sure your vaporizer is COMPLETELY dry before plugging it back in.
Do not attempt any internal or external repairs to your unit as doing so may cause fatal injury – or worse – void your warranty! (Please contact us if you feel something is wrong with your vaporizer.)
Keep your spare parts clean. This will result in the best performance, and not cause any unnecessary stress on the machine. Like any high-tech equipment, you should handle your Volcano with care. Make sure it is in a place where no one will trip over the power cord. Always use two hands when you carry it. Make certain it is packaged well during transport. If you didn’t purchase an Elite carrying case…keep the original box and Styrofoam! It should last you until you pick up your own hard or soft case.
Ordering – Returns – Warranty
Much more detailed warranty information is available on the Warranty tab.
In order to achieve the best results, a vaporizer requires an air pump to guarantee a constant air flow, a heat accumulator to grant a precise air temperature and finally the unique valve technology to ensure a simple, reliable and convenient application. These technical features are only offered by the Volcano. The accurate air temperature control of the Volcano sets new standards for vaporizers in precision and reliability.
If you are interested in any accompanying products such as a stash case, grinder, or other accessories, the following coupon code will add a 10% discount on any applicable item: the10percent.
If you have any other questions about the Volcano vaporizer, please Contact us!
|Product Dimensions||7.35in x 7.5in x 7.5in (18.7cm x 19.1cm x 19.1cm)|
|Package Dimensions||10in x 10in x 8in (18.7cm x 19.1cm x 19.1cm)|
|Product Weight||3.84lbs (1.6358kg)|
|Package Weight||4.5lbs (1.95 kg)|
|Warm-Up Time||240 Seconds||Vapor Path||Aluminum, Stainless Steel, Plastic|
|Vapor Delivery Method||Balloon|
|Country of Manufacture||Germany|
Two Choices – Same Incredible Vapor
The Volcano is available in two different models, Classic and Digit, both fully compatible with Easy Valve and Solid Valve systems.
The Volcano Digit features a bright, easy-to-view, digital temperature display. Simple temperature control buttons adjust your Volcano from 104°F – 446°F (40°C – 230°C). The Digit’s automatic shutoff timer turns off your unit after 30 minutes of nonuse, helping to preserve the Volcano’s heating element and conserve energy.
The Volcano Classic functions identically to the Volcano Digit, but utilizes an analog temperature control dial that is fully adjustable from 266°F – 446°F (130°C – 230°C). The Classic lacks an automatic shutoff timer, but its quality of craftsmanship is equal to its sister, the Volcano Digit, and is more economically priced.
Here’s a breakdown similarities/differences:
|Temperature Range||266° and 446°F
(130° and 230°C)
|104° and 446°F
(40° and 230°C)
|Temperature Accuracy||± 9°F (± 5°C )||± 2.7°F (± 1.5°C)|
|Temperature Control||bi-metallic thermostat
with rotary dial
|digital heat sensor
with LED display
|Warranty||Three Year||Three Year|
|Digital LED Display||No||Yes|
°C and °F?
|Design||Stainless Steel Design
with Rotary Dial
|Stainless Steel Design
with Large LED Display
|Silencer For Quiet Operation||Yes||Yes|
|Works w/ both Easy Valve & Solid Valve||Yes||Yes|
|Price w/ Valve System||$539.00||$669.00|
|Power Requirements – Voltage||110-120 V / 50-60 HZ||110-120 V / 50-60 HZ|
|Heat Output||100 W||100 W|
|Air Pump Output||11 W||11 W|
|Air Flow||approximately 12 L/min||approximately 12 L/min|
|Weight||approximately 3.5 lbs (1.6 kg)||approximately 3.9 lbs (1.8 kg)|
|Heating Element||Steel clad ceramic||Steel clad ceramic|
|Heat Exchanger||Aluminium alloy||Aluminium alloy|
|Balloon Material||100% Polythene||100% Polythene|
|Air System||100% silicone
|Patents||US Patent # 6 513 524,
German Patents # 1 980 376,
# 100 42 396 and
European Patent # 0 933 093
|US Patent # 6 513 524,
German Patents # 1 980 376,
# 100 42 396 and
European Patent # 0 933 093
Solid vs. Easy – What’s the difference?
Performance-wise, there is absolutely no difference between the Easy Valve and Solid Valve systems. Each system will take up the vapors that the Volcano produces and hold them until you use them; the real difference lies in how you want to replace your balloons, but each system is unique, so lets take a quick look at both:
The Easy Valve system has non-replaceable valves that are permanently attached to balloons, and have mouthpieces that easily remove so you can mount the balloon to the heating chamber as shown below. The Easy Valve system is simple to use and has zero aftertaste. The heating chamber is lined with stainless steel, holds enough for multiple balloons and each element of the Easy Valve breaks down for easy cleaning with ISO.
The Easy Valve heating chamber clips on the the Volcano unit, and the bag is held on snugly to the heating chamber.
Easy Valves are available in XL as well. Replacement Balloons come in sets of 6.
The Solid Valve system uses a different valve design than the Easy Valve, one that allows for custom balloon replacement and offers custom balloon length of any size up to 10ft! The heating chamber is also stainless steel, and holds enough to fill multiple balloons. Each element of the Solid Valve breaks down for easy cleaning with ISO.
The Solid Valve Heating Chamber sits on top of the Volcano and the balloon/valve clips into the heating chamber.
|Number of Ballons||5 pcs. disposable EASY VALVE Balloons||1 pc. balloon tube (10 ft/3m)|
|Valve Parts||5 pcs. EASY VALVE balloon, 1 pc. filling chamber for herbs, 1 pc. liquid pad, 1 pc. normal screen set, 1 pc. cleaning brush.||1 pc. SOLID VALVE, 1 pc. mouthpiece, 1 pc. filling chamber for herbs, 1 pc. normal screen set, 1 pc. liquid pad, 1 pc. cleaning brush, 1 pc. balloon tube (10 ft/3 m).|
|Balloon Size||2 ft/60 cm for EASY VALVE Replacement Set and 3 feet/90 cm for EASY VALVE XL Replacement Set||1-10 ft/30 cm – 3 m customized|
|Balloon Volume||8 Litres for EASY VALVE Replacement Set and 12 Litres for EASY VALVE XL Replacement Set||4-32 Litres|
|Replacement Balloons||Preassembled balloons – 6 pcs. EASY VALVE balloon with mouthpiece (length approx. 2 feet/60 cm).||Balloon tube set – 3 pcs. x 10 ft/3m; only for SOLID VALVE|
|Cost of Balloon Replacement||$59.00/EUR 48.00 for EASY VALVE Replacement Set and $69.00/EUR 54.00 for EASY VALVE XL Replacement||3 pcs. x 10 ft/3 m balloon tube set $9.90/EUR 8.80|
|Weight||2.6 oz (74 g)||7.9 oz (224 g)|
|Balloon Material||100% polythene (food grade) – food-safe, odor-free and heat-proof||100% polythene (food grade) – food-safe, odor-free and heat-proof|
|Patents||European Patent 1 884 254||—|
Volcano User Guides
*Adobe Reader or PDF viewer Required
Get the most out of your Volcano:
- It takes a few seconds for your aromatic blends to heat up to proper vaporization temperatures. With your heating chamber on top of your pre-heated Volcano, turn on the fan and wait approximately five seconds before you apply the balloon to the heating chamber. This way you don’t partially fill the balloon while your blends are still heating up.
- If the standard bag size of two feet is too much vapor volume for you needs, turn the pump off before it is full, or simply tie a cotton string or similar around the defalted, elongated balloon, making sure not to use anything sharp that could puncture the balloon.
- Each aromatic blend is different, and climates vary, so the time required to heat up your blend will also vary. If you see vapors before five seconds, or if it takes longer than that, apply the balloon the moment you see vapors and keep track of how long it took for future reference.
- Keep your parts clean to ensure perfect Volcano function
- Check air intake filters periodically
- Don’t leave either the Solid or Easy Valve heating chambers on top of the Volcano when powered-on and not in use. The heat the will inevitably rise from the Volcano when heated will adversely affect your blends.
- If you aren’t getting exactly the vapor quality you are after, look at adjusting any and/or all of the following variables until you find your sweet spot.
- Grind Consistency – are the ground-up particles all roughly the same size?
- Grind level – the Volcano prefers a medium grind, but experiment with finer or coarser grinds to see if it achieves the result you are after.
- Amount Used – Some vaporizers thrive when loaded fully. Others, not so much.
- Draw Rate – Convection vaporizers with good airflow can have their temperatures altered by the speed at which you draw a breath. As the air passes over the heating element, obviously it heats up. If you inhale fast, causing the air to move quickly over the heating element, it only has “X” amount of time to heat up. However if you draw slowly, the air has much more time to heat up, and therefore will deliver a much warmer air to your blends. Drawing fast = cooler temps; drawing slow = warmer temps.
Included with Volcano Purchase:
- 110v Volcano Vaporizer
- 2 Air Intake Screens
- Aromatic Blend Grinder
- Screen Cleaning Brush
- User Manual
Solid Valve and Easy Valve systems sold separately.
Keeping your part clean is vital to ensure perfect function from your Volcano. The Volcano(both Classic and Digit) have been designed so thoroughly that very little maintenance is required.
- Using the included brush, keep the screens free of debris that may collect around the perimeter. The upper screen, or screen that sits above your blends is the most affected.
- If any part of the valve system is dirty, clean with isopropyl alcohol as needed.
- When the balloons become sticky or no longer usable, replace as necessary. Flavor will be eventually be effected if you do not change your balloons.
- If your Liquid Pad needs cleaning, soak in isopropyl alcohol and agitate until clean.
Need Assistance with your Volcano?
Try these Solutions to common issues:
If you attach the heating chamber to a functional Volcano and feel no air flowing through the chamber, turn the unit off, and inspect your heating chamber for blockage. Its possible it has been loaded too tightly, or that something is blocking the airway. Dismantle all the parts, check your screens for blockage, and re-assemble when clean. Re-fill the chamber with your blends, and check to ensure the air is now flowing.
If none of these situations work, and you are unable to inflate your balloon from an apparently functional Volcano, please Contact us.
If these troubleshooting tips don’t work, please Contact us.
Volcano 3 Year Warranty
Storz & Bickel will handle all requests and notices from U.S. customers under this warranty shall be directed to:
Storz & Bickel America, Inc.
1078 60th St, Suite A
Oakland, CA 94608
All requests from Canadian and all other customers under this warranty shall be directed to:
Storz & Bickel GmbH & co. KG
Rote Strasse 1
78532 Tuttlingen, Germany
The Volcano is covered by a 3 year warranty. In the event of any defect you are recommended to send the complete device back to Storz & Bickel with all parts. If the defect has occurred on the grounds of a material or construction error within the warranty period, they will eliminate the defect free of charge. If the defect was caused by you, e.g. because you dropped your vaporizer, they will send you an estimate for the repair and will do the repair as soon as you have agreed to accept their estimate.
If you need more information about Volcano’s Warranty, please Contact us